Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center (AWCC) is a non-profit organization that provides enclosures and quality animal care for orphaned, injured and ill animals; cares for animals that cannot survive on their own in the wild; and educates visitors about Alaska's wildlife. Animals that cannot be released into the wild are given a permanent home at the center. The center is dedicated to preserving Alaska's wildlife through public education. Over 3 million people have visited the wildlife center since its inception - with an annual visitation of over a quarter of a million people.
Learn more about Homer, Danny, Danny Jr. and Iggy (www.alaskawildlife.org/animals/elk)!
REMEMBER - Moose calves are rarely abandoned by their mothers! If you see a calf that you think is abandoned, contact the Department of Fish & Game!!!
Muskox are members of the goat family. They're an arctic survivor with a thick coat consisting of long (up to 36 inches) guard hairs covering a dense winter coat of harvestable warm fur called Qiviut. Qiviut is considered to be one of the warmest materials in the world. Learn more about Sidney and Slide (www.alaskawildlife.org/animals/musk-ox)!
Find out more on female musk ox calf Mukluk’s 2010 rescue from a Prudhoe Bay oil facility and recent reintroduction into the existing herd (www.alaskawildlife.org/animals/babies)!
AWCC has provided care for hundreds of displaced animals because visitors like you have made critical contributions in the form of admission fees, donations, memberships, and gift shop purchases.
- Amateur photographers have the opportunity to take award winning photographs while animals display their natural, "wild", behavior!
- Adopt an animal! (www.alaskawildlife.org/animal-adoptions)
- Membership is ranges from $25 to $500 and supports education and conservation efforts (www.alaskawildlife.org/membership)!
- Adult: $12.50 per person
- Youth: $9.00 per person (ages 13 – 18)
- Child: Free (12 years of age and under)
- Seniors: $9.00 (over 65)
- Active Military: $9.00 (Military ID required)
- For group rates - inquire
Click here for hours: www.alaskawildlife.org/hours
Be sure to visit AWCC for an ALASKAN EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER!!!
P.O. Box 949 Mile 79 Seward Highway
Portage Glacier, Alaska 99587