Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Cedar planks (available in seafood section of supermarket) with enough surface area for samon
- 4 Alaska Salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- Olive oil spray
- 1 Tablespoon fresh (or 1 teaspoon dried) favorite herb for salmon (dill, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 Large sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise into wedges
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
Soak cedar planks for 1 to 2 hours (or overnight) submerged in water. Remove and pat dry. Heat grill to medium heat (400 degrees F). Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Salmon under cold running water; pat dry with a paper towel. Spray cedar planks and salmon with olive oil spray. Place salmon on planks; sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a bowl; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat.
Place cedar planks and potato wedges onto grill. Cover and cook about 3 to 4 minutes; turn wedges over and continue cooking until potatoes are soft and cooked. Keep warm. Cook salmon 12 to 15 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
Soldotna Chamber and Visitor Center
44790 Sterling Hwy
Soldotna, AK 99669