Cook Time: 15 min
Serves: 8 to 10 appetizer servings
- 1 can (14.75 ounces) traditional pack canned salmon or 2 cans (6 to 7.1 oz. each) skinless, boneless canned salmon, drained and chunked
- 4 cups prepared quinoa (white or red)
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups finely diced fresh bell peppers (any color or combination)
- 1 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped dill ( or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 2/3 cup canola or olive oil, divided
Combine drained salmon, quinoa, eggs, panko, bell pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Form into patties (1/4 cup each). Cover and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes, to firm.
In a bowl, blend cream, dill and lemon zest. Lightly coat a nonstick pan with oil. Warm over medium heat, then add patties, several at a time, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
For each serving, place three patties on a plate and drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons dill sauce.
Soldotna Chamber and Visitor Center
44790 Sterling Hwy
Soldotna, AK 99669